I dun wanna grow up...
At times... when life's being mean... when reality comes round and strikes you from nowhere... it's when i really dun wanna grow up...

10 things i CANNOT live without

By swwosh
10 things that i cannot live without... 10 THINGS THAT I WILL DIE IF I DON'T HAVE THEM!!! ok lah..not die lah..but like... MUST HAVE!!! (there are no particular order in which i like most)





#1 CAR


Yes, car.... If no car, how to go to uni? If no car, how to go to work? Of course you could say take bus lahh... but then... it's really so much easier if got car. I'm driving a 1989 Daihatsu Charade (as old as me!!!) for 3 years already, and I love it!!! This car has never broke down on me and it's very fuel economical too!!! I bought it for $300 only can u believe it or not... and i've got a new radio deck and speakers in them. Not hardcore speakers and stuff lah, just sufficient enough to give me good sound on the go. One thing though I have to complain about over and over again is AIRCONDITIONING in this car. It has no air con. NONE. NIL. ZERO. I hate to drive it when it's like 37 DEGREES like TODAY!!! you wind the window... *wind blows* hot air... u switch on the car fan... *wind blows* hot air... IT IS SERIOUSLY ANNOYING!!! But other than that, I have NO complaints about this baby. Though, I think i should get a new car with airconditioning sometime soon...



#2 CROCS

Ahh, my crocs. My mickey mouse crocs... Funny that I see so many people wearing crocs, but I hardly see anyone wearing them mickey mouse ones. I think they are seriously nice to wear and cute too!!! I've been in almost the worst possible terrain with them! In Bandung, Indonesia, i wore them. In Sabah, i wore them. At uni, I wear them. I wear them almost EVERYWHERE i go!!! Ever since I got them, my poor Adidas have been sitting in the corner thinking "do u not love me anymore??? T.T" I still love you, just that I love Crocs a bit more... a tiny tiny bit.. haha.. If you haven't got crocs, go try one out!!! seriously nice!!!


#3 DSLR


Ok, I've only been into the photography world for less than a year, but I seriously CANNOT live without my dslr. I bring it out almost EVERYDAY!!! you can ask any of my friends. Even if i dun use it, I'll bring it with me. Who knows, maybe if something rare or interesting caught my eye, I can just go "snap" and take a photo. I think I'm considered a bit of a camera geek. Eventhough i just started, but i've already got 4 lens. 2 lens that originally came with it, and another 2 which i got later on. Photography is so much fun, and it makes u see the world in a whole new perspective...see things you never notice... Photography has definitely made my life a whole new experience. So, dun be shy and take photos! any photos! photos of urself (vainnnnn), cars, birds, ANYTHING!!! the only limit is ur imagination!!!


#4 MOBILE PHONE



Aiyo... I bet this is definitely for sure everyone's "something I cannot live without". WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT A PHONE??? Ok lah, maybe those ppl who never had a phone. But yeah, I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT IT!!!! It wakes me up in the morning. Reminds me of what I have to do later in the day. Make calls to people. Texts people. Mobile phone is my life, my life is my mobile phone. I'm currently using the Nokia E71, and I tell you, this phone is really really good. It's got good battery life, wifi, 3G, GPS....pretty much everything i need!!! I love soo much. Oh..mine's black. Apparently it's a new batch of E71 with new colours and better firmware. I see a lot of ppl in uni using it, but I've not seen one in black yet.. hehe... so, I'm HAPPY!!! =D


#5 CRUMPLER BAG

Well, doesn't have to be Crumpler bag lah... Before I was carrying a very old bag that I've used for a long time liaw, cuz I need to carry my camera and water bottle around with me. But now that I've got the Crumpler, I'll bring it almost everywhere i go. =D





#6 IPOD



Music!!! I cannot live without music!!! and what better way to listen to music in style??? With an IPOD of cuz!!! haha.. no larh.. It just happens that my portable music device is an Ipod Touch. 8GB is more than enough music for me. I don't think I even use all 8GB for music. Most of the storage i think is used for videos. But yeah, the Ipod Touch is great!!! Not only can u use it to listen to music, and watch videos, but also can use to go online!!! Pair it up with a pair of good earphones, and you're good to go!!!! (WARNING: IPOD EARPHONES SUXX TO THE MAXX!!!)


#7 LAPTOP





What would you do without a computer? Or in my case a laptop. Actually, I have both, but then laptop is so portable. can bring it wherever u go. Uni life is soo much easier with a laptop. No need to queue up to use a computer, and plus the uni have wireless almost everywhere. So convinient. So many ppl in uni using macbook. Seriously, I dun realli know wad's so good bout it. It's expensive, that's for sure. But then, Windows can do the same thing as it, and much much cheaper some more!!! I was thinking of getting one, but then... like what Liang Chiat said "you pay for the looks only". I'm using the Asus F9s. Good lil laptop, but then only thing i need to complain about it is the battery life. Ridiculously short!!! 2 hrs is probably the max on battery saving mode. Other than that, nothing much i can complain about. Hehe. But I still really want a macbook... Hhmmm..mayb another few more years.. hahaha...




#8 TEA



*sniffs hard* MmmmmmmMmmmmm.... T-E-A. "Tea is not a drink. Tea is life." Or something like that.. Well, that's how I think the chinese people say it. Tea is probably one of the most drank beverage in the world. My china friend told me, if you go to any restaurant, they will automatically serve u tea, unless you order something else. That's how important tea is to them. It's like you go to the market, and they know you want to buy vegetables and meat. ( well DUHHH.... obviously...) Anyways, I drink tea like everyday!!! 7 days a week. 2-3 times a day? My personal favourite is green tea. My parents also drink green tea everyday, so does my grandmother, and my uncle, and aunty. Our family live on tea basically. I have soo many types of tea right now in my kitchen pantry. I have Earl Grey, English Breakfast Tea, English Afternoon Tea from England. Green Tea from Japan. Jasmine tea from China. This Rhubarb and Vanilla Tea from Sweden. (i bought it from Ikea actually) Cinnamon Sabah Tea from Sabah. Chinese Herbal tea. Teh C tea leaves from Kuching. And the normal lipton tea that we buy in the supermarket. I dunno how to describe the feeling after a hard days work and you sit down and relax..then u sip a small sip..and ur whole body feels... Aaahhh... soo nice.... It's like urrm... what do they call it.. A Zen state??? something like that. Perfect harmony with your surrounding and your body. ME LOVE TEA!!!

#9 COFFEE

Ok, something else that's not as good as tea, but is still something I cannot live without. COFFEE!!! Long black, flat white, cappucinno, latte. You name it!!! I LOVE IT!!! (except for espresso..please...not that strong...) Though I usually have the NESCAFE 3 in 1 coffee, I was really into this Organic Caramel Hazelnut coffee my friend's mum gave me. Aiyo... It's like soo fragrant, yet not too sweet. Just the way I like it!!! so sad that i cannot bring into Australia, cuz got milk powder. But for me right now, long black, no sugar is the best way to start a healthy lifestyle! =D




#10 ANIME



Yes... ANIME!!! I've finally decided what my last thing i CANNOT live without. It's ANIME!!! I am not those Japan anime freaks, where you go and buy models of them and get high over it. I just like to watch it. Ok, Mel would probably say "but it's not real". But i like it. There are some things that people cannot do, therefore need to be put into animation so that it can happen. I think I've started watching anime since i was a lil boy. The first anime probably was Dragonball Z. Yes... *sob..sob* brings back nostalgic memories... anyways.. I'm still watching anime, and I dun think that it should be something that only kids can watch. I reckon I would probably still continue watching when i grow old. Haha. Other than watching, I also read manga, mostly cuz the story is faster than the anime. It takes longer to make an episode for an anime than manga. Currently, I'm watching a few new ones that just came out, such as "Chrome Shelled Regios", "Toradora" and "Tower of Druuga : Sword of Uruk". All very nice animes. No, I don't watch bleach and Naruto cuz the story is so behind the manga's. So, i'm reading them on the manga instead. Another manga that I read and would like to specify is "History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi" cuz it's my favourite so far!!! I can spend all day talking about it, but if you're interested, go read it online!!! http://www.onemanga.com/ (manga) http://www.animecrazy.net/ (anime) I hope you enjoy them. ^^

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?