I dun wanna grow up...
At times... when life's being mean... when reality comes round and strikes you from nowhere... it's when i really dun wanna grow up...

Scirocco or the Golf GTi???

By swwosh
I cannot believe that in my previous post which talks about my top 10 hot hatches, I did not mentioned about this 2 magnificently designed and engineered hatched from VW. Mind you, I am a VW or V-Dub as they call it supporter.

After 4 years, VW have created the new Golf, the Mark 6 Golf. The Golf is probably one of the oldest hatches that is still in production. I was a fan of the Golf ever since the MK5 first came out. I would just stare at the Mk5 GTi for hours and wouldn't leave sight of it. But it became some sort of an eyesore after seeing so many of them on the streets now. Everywhere u go, there's bound to be a GTi somewhere. Which means that it's a hell good of a car, yet still costs so much to afford one. Other than it's great exterior design, the interior of the Mk5 Golf is a bit of a put off. I first saw the Mk5 GTi at the Perth Motor Show, forgot which year it was. I was joyous to see one of them on display, but when i got into it... the interior really did suck out some of my enthusiasm. The seats are all make of fabric that is hard when u sit on, and the deck is made from.... what seems to they eye as...cheap plastic. Nothing inside is eyecatching, except for the "GTi" logo. Then again, with an 2 litre engine that brings you from knot to 60 in under 7 seconds, this car is really fast!!! And that's what i love about it most... A pocket rocket!!!


In 2008, they revealed the new Golf. First few pictures that i saw of it wasn't really what i expected to be as.... pretty nor sexy. But as i went on watching video reviews on youtube, I found out that the Mk6 Golf is actually very stunning. Despite it's small and long shaped grill in front, and smaller headlights, it is actually very pretty the more you look at it. It has taillights that are of the VW Touareg. ( I LOVEEEE TOUAREG!!!) The interior quality has improved from the previous Golf, styling is a bit better.And apparently, since it's cheaper for VW to build the new Golf than the old one, it is actually selling at a cheaper price than b4!!! They've also added a few horses into the bonnet from the previous engine. What's best is that the addition of horsepower doesnt compensate for extra fuel!!! Instead, it uses less!!! BRILLIANT!!! Honestly, I really really love this car. Just the normal Golf is good enough for me.

However the new Golf GTi wouldn't be on Australian shores for sometime. Though, once it's here, I would really love to go for a test drive, eventhough I'm not buying it. But hey, test-drives are free!!! haha..




Other than the Golf GTi that I would be waiting, there's another car from VW that i'll be dying to see!!! The VW Scirocco. It's pretty much a Golf GTi under the bonnet, but it just looks.... marvelous!!! It's like dressing up a really beautiful girl, with say... a Dolce and Gabanna dress. PLUS!!! They've changed the suspension of the Scirocco and make it handle better. Of course, with all the extra add-ons, it's i think a few thousand more expensive than the Golf GTi.


Sooo... which one would it be??? The Golf??? or the Scirocco???
DEFINITELY THE SCIROCCO FOR ME!!!! =D
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?