I dun wanna grow up...
At times... when life's being mean... when reality comes round and strikes you from nowhere... it's when i really dun wanna grow up...

Whickey & Cox

By swwosh
Guess what I bought today??? MY CAMERA BACKPACK!!! Initially, i ordered a sidebag with a camera compartment at my uni's bookshop. The main reason i wanted to get a sidebag was because i wanted something to hold my new camera, as well as my laptop. The ladies at the bookshop said that they'll contact me after they've receive it, which is usually in 2 weeks time, no more. It's been nearly a month now, and yesterday I went to find out whether if my bag has arrived. "No..." no...my bag hasn't arrive yet, and the camera compartment (which i have to buy separately) is out of stock. Nil. No more.. So, i was really disappointed... so I thought "hey, why not get a backpack instead???" Because i'll be going for holidays, and a backpack is much more convinient than a side bag. So i went to Crumpler's website to check out the backpack they offered. oh, for those who duno wad Crumpler is??? It's just a company that makes really trendy and good quality bags for gadgets such as your laptop, camera, video camera, etc. SOooo...this morning after uni, I went to the city to get myself the backpack which I REALLY like after playing with it in the store. Wasnt what i wanted at first, but found it to be really really good! =D Here are some photos.

*Crumpler's ever so cute logo*

*A Crumpler sticker the lady gave me when i bought the bag*

*Another wacky designed sticker. I love how Crumpler have wacky designs and names for their bags*

*TADDAAAA~!!!! my new Crumpler backpack!!!*

*Dr Strong-tron: "me protect ur gear...RAR!!!"*

*Crumply (the logo) hiding behind Dr Strong-tron*

*cute right the logo???*

*P is for PRO PHOTO BAGS*


*It seems like u can find the logo almost everywhere on the bag..lol*

*What I like about this bag is the opening compartment of this bag. Normally we open our bag from the front right?*

*For this one, it's from the back!!! cool right!!! That way, people can't "steal" my stuff as easily*

*Opening the big orange flap reveals a space for u to put ur laptop in. My Asus fits nicely in there*

*One of the main features of this bag, is that you can pull out the 2 main compartments(the laptop and the camera) and use it as it is. That way, you can use the backpack normally, without any special compartments in it. Right here, i've pulled out the laptop compartment*

*Here, we have the camera compartment. Notice how it has a plastic mesh in front so that the lens don't fall off*

*See how there's lots of small compartments to fit your lens n stuff??? The best thing about that is how u can pull out the small orange flaps and place it and place it anywhere u like, so that it fits wadever you're putting in it.*

*For example, I've pulled out 2 flaps so that i can fit my water bottle in it. How I move it around, is all up to my imagination. pretty cool aint it??? =D*

*Here's the camera compartment after being pulled out*

*And here's the how it looks like without any compartments in it. Very handy I reckon. That's why i got this backpack instead of the one i wanted initially*

*But end of the day, no matter how good a product is...It's mostly MADE IN CHINA*

Having said that, no matter if it's made in China, or made in Indonesia, you pay for what you get. Even if it's made in China, the product will still be good and may last you a very very long time. Crumpler's are famous for it's well built bags which provides a safe storage space for your expensive gadgets, with a touch of trend in it. Oh, the name of this bag is WHICKEY & COX. dun ask me why it's called that....it's just how Crumpler likes it... giving their bags weird weird names. The sidebag i wanted to get was called "The Dreadful Embarrassment" -_-" But it's what make Crumpler so unique from the other competitors, which is usually very dull...and boring... So how much was the bag??? haha... I let my cousin guess... she said "$50!!!" i asked her boyfriend... he said "$150!!!" i say... "you're all wrong!!! it's $330..." Expensive!!! i know it's expensive. But i seriously rather pay for something i know can last for a very long time, rather than something that's gonna break in a months time. So no complains...and no regrets!!! =D
If you're thinking of getting a bag for your expensive gear, such as a Dslr or laptop, get something that'll protect it well. I have a laptop bag which was like $160, which i use for uni instead of the one it came with.. Why??? CUZ IT REALLY PROTECTS YOUR GEAR!!! I'm tried chucking my bag on the floor, and my laptop would just go " Did i just hit the floor??? no...just my imagination" So buy something that's WORTH THE MONEY!!! not something that's not worth the money!!!

 

2 comments so far.

  1. Angeline Kho October 15, 2008 at 10:43 AM
    Oolalala...that's one hellava expensive bag. Looks good though ;) and will last you quite a good many years. However, if you do get tired of it, you know who you can pass it on to ;)
  2. Trinity December 5, 2008 at 10:51 AM
    wah wah wah... my hubby will be so envious!!

Something to say?